Location: Remote (U.S. based)
Founded in 2021, pulsESG™ is a well-funded Silicon Valley software startup dedicated to empowering purpose-driven enterprises to manage and improve their environmental, social and governance (ESG) footprint with an integrated, comprehensive, flexible, and innovative technology platform built for compliance, tracking and insight. pulsESG™is as easy to use as it is scalable.
pulsESG™’s an enterprise ESG software as a service (SaaS) platform is backed by $9.5 million in seed funding from leading impact-driven investors and led by two Silicon Valley enterprise software veterans. The platform distinguishes itself in the marketplace through features such as model-driven architecture and full integration with both internal sources of data and external investor-facing
systems, empowering companies to track and derive insights for ESG compliance and improvement based on stakeholder requirements.
About the Role
You will be one of pulsESG™’s first Account Executives as a member of our Business Engagement team and focusing on the everyday management of our customer relationships.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Identify prospective customers in the assigned territory
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with a portfolio of customers around the assigned territory
- Be creative in identifying opportunities, solving problems, or answering questions that our customers have
- Deliver on personal ARR and TCV quota requirements with consistency and rigor
- Work with the Product team to help develop a more comprehensive product over time; by providing customer feedback on a regular basis
- Work with the Marketing team to help develop an outreach strategy that fits customers needs
- Educate customers on how our solution will drive the success of their business
- Prepare and deliver product demonstrations and solution recommendations
- Be thoughtful about contract lifecycle: renewing contracts, upgrading subscriptions, and expanding customer base (portfolio companies, facilities, users, etc.)
- Work with the Product and Solution Engineering team to deliver POC/Pilot to secure a sale
- Keep our CRM system updated with all customer interactions
- You believe that business can have a positive impact on the world – and that there is significant room for improvement in how businesses operate!
- Open-minded, curious, and passionate learner; able to quickly understand the customers’ businesses, their business language, and business model
- Active listener; always attentive to and learning from our customers’ needs
- Exceptional at communicating and presenting; strong ability to build cross-functional business relationships within the customers’ organization
- Creative problem-solver; effective at analyzing a problem and enjoy innovative solutions that make us better
- Team-oriented, easy to work with, and enjoy solving problems together
- Strong leadership presence; self-confident and comfortable leading meetings with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Must be highly self-motivated, nimble, with a ‘can-do’ attitude; you excel working in a startup and remote environment
- You have an existing network of Investors (LP’s, GP’s – such as Private Equity firms), and/or Corporate; preferably contacts within Sustainability & ESG teams
- You have the following experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience managing clients of SaaS technology products, ideally business applications
- Diagnosing the needs of the customer and connecting the dots to our product
- Building relationships at the highest levels of Fortune 2,000 companies
- Using a CRM system for customer management (preferably HubSpot)
- Creating value for our customers
- BS/BA or equivalent
- Sustainability background is a plus
Why work with pulsESG™?
- We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve our world now and for the next generations!
- The company will pay with cash, equity, and benefits
- You’ll get to work on problems that are hard and important
- You’ll be joining an extraordinary team at the beginning of an extraordinary journey
- Remote-friendly culture with weekly stand-ups
pulsESG™ Core Values
- Respect for all our stakeholders
- Passion for excellence
- Constructive candor
Join us and become a driver for positive change!