North America Head of Sales
Location: San Francisco Bay Area (hybrid)
Founded in 2021, pulsESG™ the “Enterprise Sustainability Platform”, is a well-funded Silicon Valley software startup. It is dedicated to empowering purpose-driven enterprises to manage and improve their environmental, social, and governance (ESG) and overall sustainability footprint with an integrated, comprehensive, flexible, and innovative technology platform built for compliance, tracking, and insight. We are well funded, have amazing customers across industries and geographies, established strategic partnerships with leading ERP and consulting firms, and are growing fast!
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic North America Head of Sales to join our fast growing and well-funded company. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing the sales function in North America, driving revenue growth, and building strategic partnerships with clients across various industries. The North America Head of Sales will work closely with our leadership team to set sales strategy, identify new business opportunities, and drive customer success. The position will report to the CEO.
- Deliver the ARR, Growth and Profitability targets for their business on a quarterly basis
- Develop and execute sales strategy for the North America region, focusing on revenue growth and customer acquisition
- Hire, manage, and motivate a team of sales professionals to achieve individual and team targets
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop sales collateral, campaigns and events that support sales objectives
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key customers, partners, and stakeholders in the region
- Keep abreast of industry trends and competitive landscape to identify new business opportunities
- Develop and implement pricing and negotiation strategies that maximize revenue and profitability
- Provide regular sales reporting and forecasting to the executive team
- Work closely with the product teams to provide customer feedback and insights to guide product development and enhancements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field (MBA preferred)
- At least 5 years of proven experience in sales leadership roles within SaaS companies, with a focus on business applications and preferably sustainability or ESG-related software products
- Strong track record of driving revenue growth and exceeding sales targets
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead, and motivate sales teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with customers and partners
- Deep understanding of sustainability, ESG reporting frameworks, and industry standards
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time within North America
- Must be based in the San Francisco Bay Area (hybrid)
Why work with pulsESG™?
We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve our world now and for the next generations!
- Ideally have industry and market knowledge of ESG and sustainability
- Ideally have exposure to sales in financial services and manufacturing verticals
- The company will pay with salary, equity, and benefits
- You’ll get to work on problems that are hard and important
- You get to work on a solution that helps the planet and helps us all
- You’ll be joining an extraordinary team at the beginning of an extraordinary journey
- Hybrid-friendly work environment, in office 2-3 times per week
pulsESG™ Core Values
- Respect for all our stakeholders
- Passion for excellence
- Constructive candor
Join us and become a driver for positive change!