Location: San Francisco Bay Area (hybrid)
Founded in 2021, pulsESG™ the “Enterprise Sustainability Platform”, is a well-funded Silicon Valley software startup. It is dedicated to empowering purpose-driven enterprises to manage and improve their environmental, social, and governance (ESG) and overall sustainability footprint with an integrated, comprehensive, flexible, and innovative technology platform built for compliance, tracking, and insight. We are well funded, have amazing customers across industries and geographies, established strategic partnerships with leading ERP and consulting firms, and are growing fast!
About the Role
We are looking for a hands-on Software Architect/Development Lead to join our core engineering group. The ideal candidate is proactive, entrepreneurial, methodical, and process-oriented while battle tested through years of product development and SDLC processes.
The Software Architect/Development Lead is responsible for architecting, designing, and writing software as well as leading engineering teams and delivering software development projects. The candidate will significantly contribute to the design, development/coding, testing and SDLC process improvements.
- Architect/design software and oversee the software development on a daily basis:
- Write the technical specifications for software development
- Design software, develop software to prove the design
- Convey the new architecture and design to offshore team and oversee the development
- Perform code reviews, provide feedback, and oversee code corrections to ensure compliance with the development guidelines
- Lead multiple project modules and development teams simultaneously and ensure the quality of their deliverables and their timely delivery.
- Create/enhance scalable, high performance and fault-tolerant architectures
- Use caching, queuing, sharding, concurrency control, etc. to improve performance and scalability, identify the performance and scalability bottlenecks and provide solutions to resolve them
- Provide support for production issues and diagnose root causes (RCA)
- Provide technical expertise in the diagnosis and resolution of issues, including the determination and provision of workaround solutions
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies, especially open-source technologies, and how they might relate to pulsESG’s products
- Follow and improve Agile SDLC processes. Train other team members about SDLC processes and oversee the processes as required.
- Spend substantial time interfacing with the offshore team in India on a daily basis. Provide critical and timely coordination between different US and India teams including development, QA, product management, professional services, operations and customer support
- Must have experience architecting, designing and writing product/application software for product companies that build SaaS software products/applications and release software frequently (at least once every quarter). Startup experience is highly desired.
- Must have 6+ years of hands-on experience designing and architecting products using (all) the following core technologies: Java/JEE, Spring, Spring Boot, JDBC, SQL, Maven, and Linux/UNIX
- Must 4+ years of experience creating microservices architectures with Docker (or equivalent container technology) and Kubernetes
- Must have 2+ years of experience designing and coding with document databases: Couchbase (preferred) or Mongo DB
- Must have 10+ years of overall software development experience in multi-tier SaaS applications using the following technologies:
- Programming language: Java/JEE (must have), Python (desired)
- Middle/business logic tier: Microservices (must have), Spring MVC (must have), etc.
- Data access tier: Hibernate, JDBC, MyBatis, jOOQ, SQL, etc.
- Services hosts: Spring Boot, Tomcat, JBoss/WildFly, etc.
- NoSQL: Couchbase (preferred) or Mongo DB (must have experience in one of these 2)
- Searching: Elasticsearch (desired)
- RDBMS: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
- Messaging: Kafka, JMS, etc.
- Workflow: BPMN/workflow engines
- Caching: Redis, Memcached, Hazelcast, etc.
- Reporting and visualization engines: Superset (preferred), D3, Kibana, BIRT, Tableau, etc.
- Integration: Airflow, NiFi, Camel, etc.
- Build tools: Maven (must have), Gradle, Ant, etc.
- Testing: JUnit, Selenium, Protractor, Postman, SOAP UI, etc.
- Scripting: Python, Perl, Shell, Windows batch, etc.
- Scrum tools: JIRA, SpiraTeam, Pivotal Tracker, Trello, Basecamp, Rally, Version One, etc.
- DevOps: Docker (must have), Kubernetes (must have), Terraform (highly desired)
- Cloud platforms: AWS (preferred), Azure, GCP, OCI (must have experience with at least one of the public cloud providers)
- Must have 4+ years of experience architecting high performance, high scalability and fault-tolerant software using microservices. The experience must include designing high performance data processing architectures that require concurrency management, cache management, performance bottleneck detection across all tiers, code profiling, database tuning, etc.
- Hands-on experience with different authentication and authorization methods for APIs and UI is highly desired
- Experience with software security practices, security/vulnerability testing
- Good understanding of design patterns and writing reusable, configurable, modular code
- Must be a self-starter and proactive who takes ownership of opportunities; works independently, manages multiple simultaneous priorities, deadlines, and projects, and deals well with ambiguity and last-minute changes.
- If required, willing/able to provide after hours, on-call and escalation support of pulsESG’s 24×7 hosting environment, including system outages and incident response
- Must have undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related technical discipline, advanced degree a plus
Why work with pulsESG™?
We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve our world now and for the next generations!
- The company will pay with salary, equity, and benefits
- You’ll get to work on problems that are hard and important
- You get to work on a solution that helps the planet and helps us all
- You’ll be joining an extraordinary team at the beginning of an extraordinary journey
- Hybrid-friendly work environment, in office 2-3 times per week
pulsESG™ Core Values
- Respect for all our stakeholders
- Passion for excellence
- Constructive candor
Join us and become a driver for positive change!