Last Updated: October 18, 2021
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect a variety of Personal Information from or about you or your devices from various sources, as described below.
Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide your Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to use our Site if that information is necessary to provide our Site or if we are legally required to collect it.
A. Information You Provide to Us
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive Personal Information about you. For example, when you contact us for more information about pulsESG or our platform, we will receive your first name, last name, company, title, email address, phone number, and the contents of your message. If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will receive your email address. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to learn how to deliver a better customer experience and improve the Site.
Careers. If you decide to apply for a job with us, you may submit your contact information and your resume online. We will collect the information you choose to provide us as part of your job application, such as your contact information, current employment information, and other information you choose to submit with your application and on your resume. If you apply for a job with us through a third-party platform (such as Glassdoor or LinkedIn), we will collect the information you make available to us through such third-party platform.
B. Information We Collect When You Use The Site
Location Information. When you use the Site, we may infer your general location information (for example, your IP address may indicate your general geographic region).
Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access the Site, such as your internet protocol (IP) address, web browser type, operating system version, and device identifiers.
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use the Site and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with the Site, like the pages or other content you view, how you interact with the Site, and the dates and times of your visits.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. Some Cookies are strictly necessary to make the Site available to you. We cannot provide you with the Site without this type of Cookies. We use the following necessary Cookies: cookie_notice_accepted
- Functional Cookies. Functional Cookies are used to recognize you when you return to the Site. This enables us to adapt our content for you and remember your preferences. For example, we use functional Cookies to remember your choice of language or region. We use the following functional Cookies: __Secure-3PSIDCC, __Secure-3PSID, __Secure-3PAPISID, __Secure-1PSIDCC, __Secure-1PSID, __Secure-1PAPISID, SSID, SIDCC, SID, SAPISID, OTZ, OGPC, NID, HSID, APISID, 1P_JAR
C. Information We Receive from Third Parties
Partners. We may receive additional Personal Information about you from third parties such as data or marketing partners and combine it with other Personal Information we have about you.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the personal information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance the Site;
- To communicate with you, provide you with updates and other information relating to the Site, provide information that you request, respond to comments and questions, and otherwise provide support;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our Terms of Service and other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the Personal Information is collected.
LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING EUROPEAN INFORMATION
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the United Kingdom (“UK”), we only process your Personal Information when we have a valid “legal basis,” including as set forth below.
- Contractual Necessity. We need your Personal Information to provide you with our Site. For example, we may need to process your Personal Information to respond to your inquiries or requests.
- Compliance with a Legal Obligation. We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information. For example, we may process your Personal Information to comply with tax, labor, and accounting obligations.
- Legitimate Interests. We or a third party have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. Specifically, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information for product development and internal analytics purposes, and otherwise to improve the safety, security, and performance of our Site. We only rely on our or a third party’s legitimate interests to process your Personal Information when these interests are not overridden by your rights and interests.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We do not share or otherwise disclose Personal Information we collect from you except as described below or otherwise disclosed to you at the time of the collection.
Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any Personal Information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of the Site.
Marketing. We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes unless we have your permission.
Analytics Partners. We use analytics services such as Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. These services may also collect information about your use of other websites, apps, and online resources. You can learn about Google’s practices by going to https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ and opt out of them by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety. For the avoidance of doubt, the disclosure of your Personal Information may occur if you post any objectionable content on or through the Site.
Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. We may disclose and transfer your Personal Information to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a corporate transaction in which we are acquired by or merged with another company, or we sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
Consent. We may also disclose Personal Information from or about you or your devices with your permission.
Do Not Track. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, and we do not respond to such signals.
If you choose not to provide us with the information we collect, some features of the Site may not work as intended.
Your European Privacy Rights. If you are located in the EEA or the UK, you have the additional rights described below:
- You may request access to the Personal Information we maintain about you, update, and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, have your Personal Information anonymized or deleted, as appropriate, or exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. In addition, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, including in your country of residence, place of work or where an incident took place.
- You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Information at any time and free of charge. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew your consent.
We take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when your Personal Information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it unless we are required by law to keep your Personal Information for a longer period. When determining the specific retention period, we consider various factors, such as the type of service provided to you, the nature and length of our relationship with you, and mandatory retention periods provided by law and the statute of limitations.
We make reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information by using physical and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the Personal Information we maintain. However, as no electronic transmission or storage of Personal Information can be entirely secure, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your Personal Information.
The Site is hosted in the United States(“U.S.”) and intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Site from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of those regions to the U.S. for storage and processing. We may transfer Personal Information from the EEA or the UK to the U.S. and other third countries based on European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses, as needed to perform our services that you have requested from us, or with your consent. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Site. By providing any information, including Personal Information, on or to the Site, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at:
3321 Octavia St
San Francisco CA 94123